Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TV Time is my Time

I love D.  I love my work.  I love my family.  But I need my downtime.  I need a chance to relax.  I need to decompress.  I have two means of doing so: reading and watching TV.  No, television is not the most useful or insightful way to spend your time.  But it is my relaxer, not yours.  It is my method of calming down after a stressful day.

So how does D accommodate me?  Does my perfect husband give me quiet during that time?  Does he allow me to watch my shows with my full attention?  Nope!  That is when he decides to have conversations.  Maybe I should have conversations with him during his quiet time?  His earphones are in right now inevitably listening to some music.  Should I interrupt him?

We need to work on this people!

(Disclaimer: of course talking to my husband is more important than TV so I always mute it when D starts talking ... just wish he'd wait for commercials or a more convenient time!!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...