Sunday, February 20, 2011

President's Day

Tomorrow is President's Day.  My office is closed .  There are lots of shopping opportunities, of which I will not be participating.  It always makes me wonder how holidays became associated with sales.  Although I am lucky to love my job, I am happy to have a day off.  Why you might ask?  Well, as a newlywed I have a very stereotypical newlywed day planned tomorrow: cleaning the house.  Laundry, dishes, countertops, etc.  Aren't you jealous?  And how stereotypical a wife am I?  Now before people start wondering "why isn't D doing any of it?" be calm ... D does a lot of the housework.  Probably more than I usually give him credit for (hope he doesn't read this and get a big head!!)  I've spoken to my friends about what their husbands do and I am quite lucky (I'll elaborate more in another post).  As D will be working at home tomorrow he will help some.  But he needs to work.  And he's sick (still ... poor guy!).  So this time the majority will fall to me.

Maybe spending a good portion of the day cleaning will make me really excited to go back to work on Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...