Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Morning After...

So it is the morning after our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.  Did the day live up to the hype?  As a bit of background:


Since D lived in another town our entire relationship (to be discussed in another blog) we never saw each other on Valentine's Day.  We usually met up the following weekend.  One of the biggest benefits?  Flowers were more than 1/2 the price!  Truly though, it just usually made more sense for us to meet the following weekend.  So for me, the romance and gifts and "hooplah" that could possibly surround this holiday wasn't what really mattered.  After spending a few years dating and living in different cities, I was just thrilled to have part of the day with him.  We both worked so we didn't get to spend the entire day together.  But he did wish me a Happy Valentine's Day so early yesterday morning I had barely processed what day it was.  And the best part of all?  This morning I got to wake up next to my valentine.  Not in another city, or another state.  Right next to him.

The flowers were sweet and beautiful (as you can see in my previous post).  But in the true spirit of Valentine's Day, spending time with D was what made it so special.

Wishing you lots of love yesterday, today and always!  Off to work :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...