Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I'm Listening to Now

I am a country music fan.  As D calls it ... I like country pop.  Call it what you will.  I love Sugarland, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith...you get the idea.

I rebelled against country music for two decades!  And then caved.  Hard.  Now it's my preference.  My car has 6 preset radio buttons and 5 are for country (that's only because there isn't a sixth within my radio range.)

What do I like most about country music?  I love how it affects me.  Perhaps it's sick, but I really like a country song that makes me cry.  Like really.  So what am I listening to now?

Justin Moore, If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away.  It just makes me cry.  It makes me miss my grandparents.  It makes me sad about those people who have passed away.

It kills me.  And I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I was just having this exact same conversation with a good friend of mine two days ago! Our conclusion was that, as we are getting older, we really appreciate the stories that country music tells.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...