Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Prefer Honey

D was headed to a conference today and wanted my help packing last night.  My help packing I should mention, at midnight last night.  So we didn't get to sleep until about 1am.  Oh did I mention we had to get up at 5:03 (I hit snooze a few times and my snooze is 9 minutes ... so maybe technically I was up at 5:30, I still count 5:03!)??? Because he needed to be at the airport by 7.  Needless to say I was EXHAUSTED all day.  I did get to work an hour early ... but was so busy I couldn't bring myself to leave early!

My coworker J's wife and son Jr. J stopped by.  He is ADORABLE.  Just over 5 months.  We kept smiling at each other.  If this cough weren't STILL hovering around, I would have scooped him up.  J and wife noticed that I didn't hold him (when he was a baby I did ask to hold him).  The few people who were around started saying "you're next."  Yea ... we'll see.  "Plans" may have changed on that.

By now you're probably thinking the tiredness has gone to her head.  What on EARTH does honey have to do with anything??

Well, as I mentioned, today was a crazy busy day.  Toward the end of the day I was assigned a new client and needed to follow up with someone at another agency.  Now this other agency has TONS of employees who I work with regularly to various degrees of success.

But never. NEVER. have I had to deal with such an attitude.  Seriously.  Either be nice or get a new job! (Hers is a job that requires LOTS of interacting with people.)  I firmly believe in the "get more bees with honey than vinegar" mindset.  Why be nasty??  Why.  Yes, there are some times where you need to be upset.  There are times when raising your voice is 100% appropriate.  And then there are times where it isn't.

When a colleague, even one you've never worked with before contacts you, be nice.  Prior to that conversation she had the benefit of the doubt.  No more!

Be nice to people!  They will remember it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...