Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Should Be Ashamed

Tonight I did something I swore I would never do again.  Something I told D I never wanted to experience again.  Something that D and I have discussed our kids would never experience ...

                                                         A CHINESE BUFFET



We had a coupon.  My parents had gone this weekend and loved it.  So we figured, why not.  It included sushi and hibachi.  What could it hurt?

Oh it could hurt a lot.  (Weird coincidence: ran into someone there who recognized me ... but I only partially recognized her.  D held out his hand for her to shake and she ignored .... weird.)

It has literally been years since I've been to a Chinese buffet.  Years.  And for so many reasons I never wanted to return.  But tonight we did.  The food made us sick.  Even the veggies were gross.  The Hershey's ice cream (as D said ... you can't mess up Hershey's ice cream) tasted off (note: I don't think it was Hershey's fault, I fully blame the restaurant!!!)

Lesson learned?  Hopefully.  The only positive was compared to when I was younger, I couldn't eat as much as I used to.  And sadly, that was the only positive.

NEVER AGAIN!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower from the Good Friends Blog Hop. If you get a minute please stop by A Little of This and a Little of That and follow back. Have a fantastic week.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Glad you survived (relatively) unharmed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud reading this! I can so relate. The hubs and I recently swore off the Chinese buffet in our area. I don't want to know what's going on in those kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara-thanks for the follow-following you back-having fun reading your posts here : D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...