Friday, June 24, 2011

You Can't See Me!

When I was a freshman in college, my friend and I were walking into the campus center.  And as I walked in and saw some gorgeous football players (not a guarantee in my school!) walking up the stairs, I tripped.  Not sure what over, but that's irrelevant.  Point is I tripped.  And covered my face.  I guess I assumed if I couldn't see the guys then they couldn't see me!

Sometimes my logic amazes even me!

So what made me think of this?

Today I went to the bathroom at work. I tried to go into the stall by the window but it was locked.  So I went into the next stall and force of habit, looked at my neighbor's feet.  Except, I couldn't see any.  Which I thought was odd.  So naturally, I bent over even further.  And there were her feet.  She was doing #2 (or rather, waiting until I left to do it) so she raised her feet to be anonymous.

I kinda get it, and kinda think it's crazy.  It's not like we all don't have the same bodily needs from time to time.

Then again, who hasn't gone into a bathroom and acted horrified at the smell that you encountered.

Maybe in the end we all just want to give off the impression of being perfect?  If that's the case, I've failed!

And I guess the real question is ... do you do #2 in public places?

4 comments:

  1. I try really, really hard not to. But sometimes, I just can't help it but I have to wait until everyone is out before I emerge. But I'll wait as long as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only go in two places - my house and my parents house. I guess I get stage fright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason this post made me laugh. Hahaha, you actually checked the feet? Poor lady, she must be the type who's very conscious...

    I myself can't do #2 in public places. Even at home, I really have to have peace and quiet while doing it. Otherwise the damn stuff just won't come out!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you: I figure everybody does it!

    You talking about covering your eyes when you tripped totally made me laugh, though. It reminded me of a little kid I used to babysit who, when we played hide and seek, would sit in the middle of the room with her hands covering her face. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...