Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hey Man, can you spare a ... suit?

So this post is going to be quite short (LONG weekend) but I'll fill you in on more details later!

D and I went to State College, PA for a wedding.  About a 3 hour drive each way.  We were staying with friends of D's who were nice enough to let us crash on their futon. 

Friday night we I packed our suitcase.  I usually make a list but decided to wing up.  My dress for the wedding doesn't wrinkle so I just put it in the bag. We don't have a garment bag so I had D put his suit and white shirt by the front door.  The tie and his shoes were packed.

Before we leave Sat I run down our list of things we NEED to have.  We have everything.  And off we go.

We make the three hour drive.  We meet his friends for lunch (our treat! ... only right.) and then follow them back to their apartment.  As we are driving back to the apartment I suddenly have a moment and ask D, "did you pack your suit?"  And the answer is no. (Obviously, because why would I write a post about driving three hours to only find out D did have his suit!) Crazy!

We go to Target. D gets a white shirt and a black pair of slacks.  Not perfect but good enough. Fortunately we had his dress shoes.  And the clothes are reusable so that's good.

I love him.  But this was just a tad frustrating! 

Doesn't he look cute in his suit at another wedding? Ignore me!
Have you ever forgotten something kind of important??

3 comments:

  1. When our family went to Disney World a while back my sister "forgot" to pack her wallet, which of course had all of her money in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually forget stuff because I'm a crazy over-packer, but the last three times we spent more than a night away from home, I unexpectedly got my period. Which, is always fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first trip we took with the baby I completely forgot my underwear. Needless to say, a trip to Target was in order.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...